My lovely friend Chelsea Weisel is a holistic nutritionist, artist, and the best cook! Her food is soooo good, while still being nutritious. That’s why I did some convincing and got her to share with us some of her recipes, along with some nutritional facts! Can you tell I’m excited? Because I am!
One recipe of hers I love to make is this Radish & Cucumber Salad. It’s fast, easy and great to take to work or make as a side salad for a dinner party. Filled with nutritious ingredients this fresh salad is perfect for cold / allergy season.
- 4 Radishes, Thinly Sliced
- Half of a cucumber, seeded, cut in half lengthwise, and cut in 1/2 inch slices
- 2 Tbs Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tbs Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Honey
- Lime Juice from half a lime
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Seeds
- Combine sliced radishes and cucumbers in a bowl
- In a small jar, combine remaining ingredients (except sesame seeds). Shake vigorously.
- Pour dressing over cucumbers and radishes. Top with sesame seeds.
- Nutritional Tip: Radishes can help to decrease congestion brought on by colds, allergies, and asthma. Furthermore, the nutrients in radishes assist with the health of the entire respiratory system, including the nose, throat, and lungs, and can protect against further malady in these delicate structures.
I’ll be honest, I forgot to grab sesame seeds from the store, which I’m a little bummed about, but the salad was still refreshingly delicious without them. Not to mention, this salad took me all of 5 minutes to make. Which is perfect for my busy lifestyle! Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
I mentioned Chelsea’s an artist right? Find out more on her website where you can purchase her paintings! She also has an Etsy account where you can find cute cards that she paints with one of her recipes and a nutritional tip on the back!